Subscribe to the Paper!
- Meet a Socialistby Angus McFarlandMaine Some years ago, my father died, and a few years after that, my son was born. As a carpenter, I couldn’t affordContinue reading “Meet a Socialist”
- The Real Ideas of James Connolly: Irish Marxist and Freedom Fighterby Peter Hadden This article was first written for Socialism Today in spring of 2006, the magazine of the Socialist Party of England & Wales.Continue reading “The Real Ideas of James Connolly: Irish Marxist and Freedom Fighter”
- IWD 2023: Working Class Women and Developing a Program and Strategy to Overcome OppressionRepublished from the Committee for a Workers International (socialistworld.net) Women around the world will be marking International Women’s Day in a variety of ways. ProtestContinue reading “IWD 2023: Working Class Women and Developing a Program and Strategy to Overcome Oppression”
- Seattle City Councillor Kshama Sawant Not Seeking Reelectionby the Executive CommitteeIndependent Socialist Group On January 19th, 2023, Seattle City Council member Kshama Sawant announced she will not seek reelection in 2024. SheContinue reading “Seattle City Councillor Kshama Sawant Not Seeking Reelection”
- Justice for Tyre NicholsRebuild a Mass Anti-Racist Movement! by Ashley RogersWorcester, MA Police have killed over three thousand people in the U.S. since May 25th, 2020 when MinneapolisContinue reading “Justice for Tyre Nichols”
- The Forever Crisis of Capitalismby B.W. SculosEdinburg, TXRio Grande Valley United Faculty, TFA, NEA member (personal capacity) Higher credit card and mortgage interest rates, rising cost of food andContinue reading “The Forever Crisis of Capitalism”
Updates from the CWI
- On 20 March, the IMF announced a $3 billion bailout (over 4 years) for Sri Lanka. However, this deal is nowhere near enough to solve the deep crisis that Sri Lanka faces. Despite declaring bankruptcy, […] The post Sri Lanka: IMF deal is not a solution – restart decisive struggle against government attacks! appeared first […]
- As tens of thousands of workers brought much of London to a standstill on 15 March – alongside hundreds of thousands more, around 600,000 striking in total – chancellor Jeremy Hunt announced his something-of-a-nothing budget. […] The post Britain: Tory government’s budget for rich, as turmoil sweeps world banking system appeared first on .
- On November 7th, 2021 a law court in Argentina sentenced Cesar Arakaki (a member of Partido Obrero) and Daniel Ruiz (a member of PSTU) to three and six months and three years in prison, respectively. […] The post International appeal: Release Cesar Arakaki and Daniel Ruiz – stop criminalization of protests! appeared first on .
- On 8th February 2023, tens of thousands of retired workers in Wuhan gathered at the city government building to protest against the upcoming new health care ‘reform’, known as the Implementation Rules for Outpatient Mutual Assistance […] The post China: Thousands protest against healthcare ‘reform’ appeared first on .
- Macron and his Elizabeth Borne-led government, unsure whether they would have a majority, have finally resorted to using article 49-3 of the Constitution to force through the breakup of pensions without a vote of the […] The post France: Macron resorts to article 49-3 to force through pension changes appeared first on .