- Vaccines Alone Will Not End the COVID-19 Crisisby Jai Chavis As COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to increase and hospitals continue to be understaffed and overwhelmed by patients with coronavirus complications, itContinue reading “Vaccines Alone Will Not End the COVID-19 Crisis”
- A Socialist Response to Pro-Trump Riot in DCOn January 6th, the Congress of the United States formally certified the results of the Electoral College, which Joe Biden won. On the same day,Continue reading “A Socialist Response to Pro-Trump Riot in DC”
- Amazon Development Approved by City of Worcester, but Not CommunityBy Elisabeth Wichser and Claire Bayler On Wednesday, December 30th, the Worcester Planning Board held their second online meeting about turning the defunct Greendale MallContinue reading “Amazon Development Approved by City of Worcester, but Not Community”
- 2020 – A turning point: An explosive and uncertain decade has begunThis article was originally published by our co-thinkers in the Committee for a Worker’s International (CWI). By Tony Saunois As the year 2020 comes toContinue reading “2020 – A turning point: An explosive and uncertain decade has begun”
- Drop the Charges: An Interview with Worcester Anti-Racist ProtesterThe Independent Socialist Group interviewed one of those arrested during a Black Lives Matter protest in June. On the night of June 1st, heavily armedContinue reading “Drop the Charges: An Interview with Worcester Anti-Racist Protester”
- Worcester Community Opposes Proposed Amazon “Last-Mile” Stationby Elisabeth Wichser and Claire Bayler On December 9th, the City of Worcester Planning Board held a public “Webinar” meeting to discuss permitting the redevelopmentContinue reading “Worcester Community Opposes Proposed Amazon “Last-Mile” Station”
- Amid unprecedented events, thousands of supporters of Donald Trump supporters rallied in Washington on 6 January. Hundreds, some armed, then stormed the congress buildings on Capitol Hill in Washington DC. Donald Trump, promising a “wild” […] The post Inauguration day clashes loom – The US in crisis and need for a socialist alternative appeared first […]
- 2020 was a tempestuous year for Japan, as well as the rest of the world. In August, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe became the longest-serving prime minister in Japanese history. However, it had been clear for […] The post Japan’s change of prime minister fails to stem government’s problems appeared first on .
- Finland has, for the third year in a row, been declared the happiest country in the world in the “World Happiness Report.” Strong unions and a strong welfare state contribute to this ranking, but these […] The post Finland: Happiest country in the world? appeared first on .
- For over a year, the Covid-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc across the globe, causing over two million deaths and unleashing enormous economic and social crises. 2021 has ushered in new lockdowns in the UK, Germany […] The post Global capitalism at most perilous since 1930s appeared first on .
- Like many countries around the world, 2021 has begun with a new lockdown being implemented across Lebanon, until the end of January. This is a result of a dramatic increase in the numbers of Covid […] The post Lebanon’s overlapping crises create desperate situation for working class appeared first on .
Support Us Today
ISG has no rich backers. We fund our campaigns from donations by ordinary people. Please make a donation, whether large or small, to help ISG build the forces of socialism. All payments are made through a secure server.
For the launch of our newspaper in print!
Socialism the Podcast
- What is the outlook for class struggle in Britain in 2021? The pandemic was a […]
- What do young people need today – and how can they fight for it? Last […]