- A Socialist Program for Fighting Police Racism and BrutalityExplosive protests against police brutality have emerged across the U.S. in the wake of the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery. WeContinue reading “A Socialist Program for Fighting Police Racism and Brutality”
- CWI: Ecuador’s new cycle of mass protestsAs the COVID-19 crisis rages on, a new wave of protests rock Ecuador. ISG sits down with an activists and freelance journalist in Ecuador to figure out the way forward.
- CWI: A new world order: global reconstruction after World War TwoRussian leader, Joseph Stalin, US president, Harry Truman, and British prime minister, Winston Churchill, in 1945, on the eve of the new ‘Cold War’ whichContinue reading “CWI: A new world order: global reconstruction after World War Two”
- Black and white youth rise up against racism—US protester speaks with UK Socialist Party organizersBlack Lives Matter protest in Minnesota following the killing of George Floyd in May 2020 (Fibonacci Blue via Flickr // CC BY 2.0). Emery AddamsContinue reading “Black and white youth rise up against racism—US protester speaks with UK Socialist Party organizers”
- CWI: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and how it “fanned the flames of revolt”Emergency hospital during influenza epidemic, Camp Funston, Kansas, 1918 (Otis Historical Archives, National Museum of Health and Medicine // Public domain). By Hannah Sell, SocialistContinue reading “CWI: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and how it “fanned the flames of revolt””
- COVID-19 podría ser una sentencia de muerte para miles de prisionerosFor the millions of people incarcerated by the United States, social distancing is not an option. COVID-19 will kill untold numbers of inmates in prisons and ICE detention facilities unless we act now! A movement of the working class is essential to dismantling the Prison-Industrial complex, and building a socialist world.
- Belarus saw two days of mass protests during the third week of June as people took to the streets to demand an end to rigged elections. President Alexander Lukashenko, who has ruled the country since […] The post Belarus: State crackdown after wave of protests appeared first on .
- The Northern Ireland Public Service Alliance (NIPSA) is the largest trade union in the North of Ireland, did have a strong reputation as a democratic union but the recent actions of NIPSA ruling body, the […] The post Ireland North: Union democracy under attack from right wing in NIPSA appeared first on .
- When Keir Starmer was elected Labour Party leader in Britain, the Socialist Party warned that it represented “a qualitative step in the capitalist class’s campaign to make the Labour Party once again, as it was […] The post Britain: Workers need a new mass party to defend their interests appeared first on .
- “Let me speak frankly. The Lebanese do not expect fruitful results from this meeting. In the view of the Lebanese people, this meeting will be like those that came before it. And after, it will […] The post Lebanon: Economic and political crisis deepens appeared first on .
- On 25 June voting began in the referendum to decide the future fate of Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin. Voting on a long list of amendments to the constitution will last almost a week, ending on […] The post Russia: Referendum on constitution aims at keeping Putin in power appeared first on .
Support Us Today
ISG has no rich backers. We fund our campaigns from donations by ordinary people. Please make a donation, whether large or small, to help ISG build the forces of socialism. All payments are made through a secure server.
For the launch of our newspaper, the Socialist, in print!
Socialism the Podcast
- Why are the world's economies pulling apart? World capitalism in recent decades underwent a process […]
- Malcolm X said: “You can’t have capitalism without racism.” Why – and what can we […]