- Build a Movement to Fight the Far-Rightby Claire Bayler and Jai Chavis If you’ve been to a protest in the last four years, you’ve probably seen at least one sign sayingContinue reading “Build a Movement to Fight the Far-Right”
- World perspectives: Revolution and counter revolution – Who stands to gain?More than six months of the global COVID pandemic and global crisis have exposed everything that is rotten in this era of capitalist decline. Global capitalism is in a putrefying prolonged death agony, which is inflicting misery on millions of people on a scale not seen for an entire historical era. Humankind’s productive forces stagnate, and the technological leaps forward made in recent years are failing to raise the material wealth of the mass of the global population.
- #EndSWAT: Outrage in Nigeria at government trick: Send solidarity messages to YRCA renewed tidal wave of anger swept Nigeria after the police chief, Mohammed Adamu, announced that the now disbanded brutal, murderous and corrupt Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) would be replaced by the formation of Special Weapons and Tactics (Swat) units.
- Live Discussion Tonight with ISG and the Hawkins/Walker 2020 Campaign!
- CWI: Azerbaijan and Armenia in armed conflict over Nagorno KarabakhCovid-19 has disproportionately hit disabled people. This is one of the effects of capitalist society, which is disabling and puts profit before lives, including the people it disables. Around one-fifth of the population of England and Wales has its “activities limited because of a health problem or disability” to some degree. But this group has represented almost three-fifths of official Covid deaths! The current economic crisis and its threat of further austerity will only make this worse.
- The Supreme Court and U.S. “Democracy”: Workers Must Fight Attacks on Democratic RightsCovid-19 has disproportionately hit disabled people. This is one of the effects of capitalist society, which is disabling and puts profit before lives, including the people it disables. Around one-fifth of the population of England and Wales has its “activities limited because of a health problem or disability” to some degree. But this group has represented almost three-fifths of official Covid deaths! The current economic crisis and its threat of further austerity will only make this worse.
- After postponement, a referendum was finally held on the Chilean constitution on 25 October and resulted in a crushing majority in favour of change. After 90.78% of the vote was counted, 78.24% cast to change […] The post Chile votes to change the constitution – A defeat for the right! appeared first on .
- ‘Project Big Picture’ – a plan initially put forward by Manchester United and Liverpool football clubs, and discussed by the English Premier League – is a plan put forward ostensibly to offer the football industry […] The post Football: Beware billionaires bearing gifts appeared first on .
- “A new poll has suggested that 58% now say that they would vote Yes in another independence referendum” in Scotland, noted the elections analyst professor John Curtice, writing for the BBC website on October 14. […] The post Scotland: Independence showdown looming appeared first on .
- Delayed elections in Bolivia brought a stunning victory of the left-populist MAS and a crushing defeat for the right and “centre” parties representing the Bolivian ruling class. Luis Arce of the Movimiento al Socialismismo (MAS) […] The post Victory for MAS and crushing defeat for right in Bolivian elections appeared first on .
- The Democratic Socialist Movement (CWI Nigeria) produced a special issue of its newspaper, Socialist Democracy, this week, as mass protests take place against repressive police and the Buhari government. Below is the text of the […] The post Nigeria: Buhari must go! appeared first on .
Support Us Today
ISG has no rich backers. We fund our campaigns from donations by ordinary people. Please make a donation, whether large or small, to help ISG build the forces of socialism. All payments are made through a secure server.
For the launch of our newspaper in print!
Socialism the Podcast
- How did Trotsky view revolution and the arts? Because art holds a mirror up to […]
- 88. Crumbling capitalism, revolution and counter-revolution As the capitalist world tears at itself, who stands […]