Subscribe to the Paper!
- Pride 2023: Defend and Extend Trans RightsEmery Addams & Claire BaylerPortland, ME / Worcester, MAHealthcare worker (personal capacity) On Saturday, April 1, 2023, in Portland, Maine, roughly 25 neo-Nazis organized aContinue reading “Pride 2023: Defend and Extend Trans Rights”
- Trump Indicted, Capitalist Political Crisis ContinuesClaire BaylerWorcester, MA On March 30, 2023, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D) formally charged Donald Trump in one of four major court cases connectedContinue reading “Trump Indicted, Capitalist Political Crisis Continues”
- Why We Need Public Ownership of the Railroadsby Nicholas Wurst & Claire BaylerWorcester, MASMART-TD Local 1473 (personal capacity) & Railroad Workers United (personal capacity) In October of 2022, amid the highly contentiousContinue reading “Why We Need Public Ownership of the Railroads”
- International Workers Day 2023: Bring Back the Power Of The StrikeUnion organizing elections increased by 50% last year, and unions won 72% of them. These included high-profile organizing victories at Amazon, Starbucks, Trader Joe’s, MIT,Continue reading “International Workers Day 2023: Bring Back the Power Of The Strike”
- No Cuts to Medicaid! Fight for Universal HealthcareMillions Lose Medicaid Coverage in Biden’s “Unwinding” by Emery Addams and Milena GermonPortland, ME As COVID-19 spread across the globe in 2020, the U.S. federalContinue reading “No Cuts to Medicaid! Fight for Universal Healthcare”
- Interview with a Teamster: Union Busting & Corporate Maneuvers at UPSby Nicholas Marcotte Ronan Foley has worked as a part-time package handler at the UPS hub in Shrewsbury, MA for over a year and isContinue reading “Interview with a Teamster: Union Busting & Corporate Maneuvers at UPS”
Updates from the CWI
- On May 14th, Thailand voters came out resoundingly against the nine-year military rule by casting their votes for anti-junta parties. The newly formed Move Forward Party (MFP) became the biggest party in parliament by winning […] The post Voters in Thailand resoundingly reject military rule appeared first on .
- At a time of increasing turmoil in the US and globally, Bernie Sanders has produced a devastating critique of capitalism. But unfortunately, not with a clear path to a real socialist and democratic alternative. This […] The post Book review: It’s OK to Be Angry About Capitalism, by Bernie Sanders appeared first on .
- Around 1,650 contractors across five companies are due to strike in June in the North Sea. The planned action is for two 48-hour strikes starting June 1 until June 3 and then June 8 to […] The post Scotland: North Sea oil industry workers escalate strike action appeared first on .
- The next general election will be fought on a “mix of culture wars and trans debate,” according to Tory deputy chairman Lee Anderson. Fighting elections on anything but their own record is becoming the main […] The post A socialist charter for LGBTQ+ rights appeared first on .
- The recent, and unfinished, crisis in the Scottish National Party raises questions about the future prospects for Scottish independence. PHILIP STOTT from Socialist Party Scotland (CWI Scotland) analyses current events and looks at where the […] The post Where now for Scottish independence? appeared first on .